Tuesday, April 14, 2020

More Valuable than Birds


Hey Friends!

How's everyone doing?  I pray you are all safe and well.  I know so many people who have been consumed with anxiety and fear over the past several weeks.  I admit, I have had times when fear has crept in to my mind as well.  Many of our lives have been completely transformed by impacts from the coronavirus.  We are concerned about our health and the health of our loved ones, about our jobs and finances, and we are all adjusting to the new normal of social distancing.  Many people are stockpiling supplies and food and we are encouraged to wear masks and gloves when we go out of the house.


The times we are living in is surreal and uncertain, but the Bible tells us over and over again, to "fear not".  Jesus addresses anxiety and worry in this way to his disciples:
 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For there is more to life than food, and more to the body than clothing. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. How much more valuable are you than the birds! And which of you by worrying can add an hour to his life? So if you cannot do such a very little thing as this, why do you worry about the rest?"
Luke 12:22-26 
When you feel anxious, turn to the Word of God for comfort.  God holds us all in the palm of His hand and knows the outcome of this pandemic before it began.  He will use this for His glory.  I am praying you all find peace and rest in the Father's presence and in the knowledge that if he looks after the birds, he will certainly look after you.


Page Details:
I did a simple watercolor background for my page.  I stamped out this lovely bird from the new Beautiful Birds set on watercolor paper, colored it in and adhered it to the page.  I stamped my title using Print Blocks AlphaBitty Mini Alpha, and Skinny Mini Alpha





Until next time, catch up with me on Instagram @simplyjillsjourney.

XOXO,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment