Thursday, August 1, 2019

Singing His Praises



Psalm 91:4
"He will cover you with his feathers;
you will take refuge under his wings.
His faithfulness will be a protective shield."

Have you ever read a daily devotion that really stuck with you? That made you set it down and cry? I read one like that a couple years ago. It spoke to me and gave me a message I didn't even know I was looking for. It told a story about a strong storm that make the ocean waves crash heavily on a rocky shore. Nestled amongst the rocks was a mother bird. She tucked herself away from the crashing waves, trying to weather the storm. And under her wings she shielded her young babies, protecting them from the harsh wind and waves. She sits fearlessly on the rocks shielding her babies. Sometimes God calms the storm, and other times he will calm the sailor. I love that! Times won't always be easy, and when they aren't, God is still there for us, protecting us and keeping us safe until the storm passes. 

I used a variety of materials to create this vintage page. For the turquoise background, I brushed acrylic paint on a piece of burlap and smooshed it onto my page. Then I ripped up some paper pieces including a couple hymnal pieces, added them to my page and brushed them with a little dried white acrylic paint to soften the edges. For the bird, I used my Singing Praises stamp and stamped it in a Wheat color so it left a light outline. Then I went back in with my Prismacolor pencils to add color and detail. Then I finished off the image by adding some sketchy shading with a ballpoint pen. 



I used various ephemera pieces on this page to add different levels of texture. After staining this card with distress inks, I stamped the verse and again lightly brushed some dry white acrylic paint on top to lighten it up. I finished up my page by adding a tab, a few fabric pieces and a little bit of washi tape!



xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon



Singing Praises






No comments:

Post a Comment