Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Keep Me Safe Lord






Psalm 17:8
"Keep me as the apple of your eye;
Hide me in the shadow of your wings."

Preserve me, guard me, keep me safe Lord. God looks out for each and every one of his children. He wants the very best for us and to see us prosper in this life. 

Jeremiah 29:11 
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."




Life can be scary. Not knowing what your next step in life should be, or how to handle a recent unexpected event. It's scary when I can't see the "whole puzzle" and how all the pieces are suppose to fit together. Only God knows what that final picture is meant to be. But God is there to keep us safe, shelter us from the storms that life brings, and guide us in the right direction. Life the mother bird, we can find shelter under his wings, keeping us warm and safe at all times. 

I had fun experimenting with the background of this page. If you're a crafty person like me, you may occasionally receive a card from someone and think "Wow, this is cool, I'm saving this for something!" Well that's what I did with a recent birthday card I received. The front had a beautiful cream colored cut out layered on top and I thought "That would look cool in my bible!" When I went to create this page I remembered that piece I had stashed away and thought it may make a cool stencil!


So I laid the paper piece on my page where I wanted it and secured it with some washi tape. I used Distress Ink in Antique Linen ( one of my favorites) and daubed it over the stencil until I was happy with the design it left. I had to use a make up sponge to apply the ink into the tiny holes of the stencil. 


Since I didn't want the stencil to show through my bird, I stamped the bird from the set Singing Praises onto card stock. I used a few different mediums to add color and shading. I started with rubbing two colors of Distress Oxide onto my clear acrylic block. Then applied the color with a watercolor brush. To add a little more depth, I went over the watercolor with my Prismacolor pencils. After applying all the color to the image, I went back and outlined the image with my black Faber-Castell pen and then a couple small touches of white acrylic paint. 



xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon

Singing Praises





No comments:

Post a Comment