Monday, December 10, 2018

Peace be still

Hello friends! Merry Christmas! We are done to just a few days till Christmas and life is getting a little crazy in my house. I love this time of year...the sights, sounds and obviously the tastes. However with all the running to and fro, with all the planning, and attending of parties and events is it possible that Jesus wants a little more time this holiday season. Normally my pages are elaborate and detailed but this time of year I like to try to simplify. Hence this beautifully simple page...


To begin this entry I used three different watercolors in light blue, dark blue and purple to create this lovely smoky cloud like texture. Once dry I was able to stamp the dove right on top. Super simple but yet so profound and bold. I used a couple more stamps from the 'Doves of Peace' stamp set and added some very special journaling to the page. That's it...Bible journaling doesn't have to be beautiful, complex works of art in our Bibles, it can simply be notes from a book or study you are reading.

"That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes form or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." John 3:6-8


Spirit comes from the Latin word for 'breath.' Often this is how the Holy Spirit speaks to us, He whispers. To whisper is to speak softly using only ones breath. With one whisper Adam was created, you were created and the entire universe came into existence. Whispers are so powerful, yet so still. This busy time of year lean in, slow down and really listen to the whispers. May peace, love, hope and joy fill you and your families this advent season!

Father, Thank you for using your holy breath to speak to me. Quiet my thoughts as I lean in to hear your voice. Amen!!

Love and prayers
Jenn @creativegurl85






No comments:

Post a Comment