Friday, December 28, 2018

Bind my Heart


Hello all! Did you know there is a HUGE sale going on right now in the shop? Many different sets are marked down and you can receive 18% off your entire order now through December 31st!

Today I am sharing my heart for 2019. You may have been noticing many people choosing a special word or phrase to help focus them in the new year #OLW (one little word). I have a word and a theme. This year my word is delight and my theme is closeness with my Father. I chose delight because I want to look up and take notice of my blessings and document all the little God winks throughout my days. My Bible page today is my heart for 2019.


I started this page by stamping the In Stitches alpha stamps on an adorable plaid scrapbook paper and fussy cutting them out. Next I cut out a heart from coordinating paper, pierced holes and hand stitched the heart to create lovely handspun texture. Next I pulled out my Sunshine girl alpha and stamped the word 'my' and for the word heart used a set of light pink thickers. I of course had to had a few little clusters of scrappy goodness using washi tape, die cuts, stickers, puffy hearts and string.


I love the hymn "Come Thou Fount" and often find myself humming the tune and singing the words. The lyrics are so timeless and true!

Come thou fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
Streams of mercy never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
...
Let thy goodness like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to thee.

Amazing words, but what is a fetter right? A fetter is leg cuff or shackle that fasteners around ones ankle and prevents one from running away. Robert Robinson felt so strongly about his relationship and closeness with God that he wanted to be securely fastened to our Father at all times. Do I have that same passion? Do you? The new year is quickly approaching and what better time to draw close and bind your heart to Him.

"With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!" 
Psalm 119:10

Father, Here's my heart, take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above. I offer my heart to you. I want to hold tight and keep such a hold that my heart never wanders away! amen!

Hugs and prayers,
Jenn @creativegurl85



\









No comments:

Post a Comment