Sunday, February 12, 2023

Our Glorious King

 On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: King of kings and Lord of lords. 
Revelation 19:16

Hi Friends!
Today I'm in Revelation 19. I love Revelation. This book can seem daunting with the prophecy, and judgments, and some pretty weird stuff going on, but at it's core, it is revealing Jesus to us. Throughout the book, Jesus is described in various ways and He is in His rightful place, glorified and praised. It is amazing! I just love it. And every time I read this passage in chapter 19, it just speaks to me. It is so powerful. I’ve journaled these verses many times. I love reading the descriptions of Jesus in all His glory.

Verse 11 begins with a rider on a white horse. That rider is Jesus. But He's not the lovey-dovey Jesus some people make Him into these days. Here's how Revelation 19:11-16 describes Jesus:
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice He judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns. He has a name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of His mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: King of kings and Lord of lords.
Wow! Jesus is pretty fierce! This is Jesus at His second coming, and He's ready to fight. His holiness demands justice. And His sovereignty demands victory over the ungodly who tried to usurp His throne. I want to focus on the names given to Him in this passage:
  • Faithful and True: Jesus Keeps His promises and all truth comes from Him.
  • The Word of God: Jesus is God's Word personified, the Father reveals Himself through Jesus. That sword coming out of Jesus' mouth in verse 15 is Jesus' powerful spoken word- like the Bible is described as a sharp, two-edged sword (Heb 4:12.) Just as the spoken word of Christ has the power to create, it also has the power to judge.
  • King of kings and Lord of lords: This is Jesus' exalted and victorious name.He will reign over all.
We serve a Savior who is very loving. But I think we sometimes forget that He is also fierce, and at His second coming will judge those who chose the beast rather than Him.

Page Details: I used the following Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps supplies: Typewriter Alpha, Birch Forest Stencil, Texture Tiles 9, Gear Up, and Trust in the Lord. I applied distress oxides to the page with blending brushes for the background. I then used a stencil and applied white acrylic paint through the stencil with a baby wipe. Then I stamped.

Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment