Sunday, January 8, 2023

Come, Lord Jesus

He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 
Revelation 22:20
Hello friends!
I hope 2023 is getting off to a good start for you. Today our verse is from one of my very favorite books of the Bible, Revelation. Yep, you heard that right. I LOVE Revelation. Yes, it has some pretty scary, crazy stuff that happens in it. But it also has letters to us from Jesus and it shows us Jesus in all His glory. And Jesus, my friends, is outright amazing.

After John gives us Jesus’ letters to the churches, describes God’s throne room, what will happen in end times, and Jesus’ return after the great tribulation, he ends the book with a plea. Come, Lord Jesus. It’s not an unwarranted plea as Jesus has just said He would come soon. So it’s a hopeful plea. Come, Lord Jesus.

God’s timing is perfect. But for me, Jesus won’t come too soon. I’m tired of this world. I’m tired of struggling with my own sin and flesh. I’m tired of watching the world celebrate its sin and flesh. Do you feel tired too? Sometimes it feels hopeless. That’s why truth isn’t tied to our feelings. That’s why joy isn’t tied to our feelings. Because it’s NOT hopeless. And when we’re tired, Who can give us rest? Who invites us to that rest? Jesus is our Savior, our rest, our All in All. He will help us in this world until He comes again. Oh how I look forward to His coming! Come, Lord Jesus! Please come soon.

Page details: I used the following Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps supplies: My Savior’s Love, Funky Textures, Print Blocks Alpha, Armor of God, and Jumbled Hexies Stencil. I applied distress oxide ink to the page with blending brushes for the background and then used the stencil and stamped.

Have a blessed New Year!
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment