Thursday, April 8, 2021

My Defender

 

"Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” (Exodus 14:13-14)

What a powerful Bible passage. This takes place when the Israelites are being pursued by the Egyptian army, and panic and begin crying out that God should have left them in Egypt.  Moses tells them to be quiet, and watch God work.  It reminds me of when someone who's freaking out needs a slap in the face to bring them out of their frenzy.  

How often do we fret and stress over the circumstances we find ourselves in?  If we would but stand still and stand firm in Christ, and allow Him to work, we may find that He performs miraculous wonders before our very eyes!  All we need to do is praise Him, even before He acts, and then wait to see what He does.  Pray, worship, stay still.  God's got this!  He's our Great Defender.  



"Defender" has recently become one of my favorite songs.  It speaks to the trust and submission to His power and victory in our life.  I've linked the video below.  Here are a couple of the verses:  

Hallelujah, You have saved me
So much better this way
Hallelujah, great Defender
So much better Your way
And all I did was praise
All I need to do is worship
Lord, I will just bow down
I'm just gonna stay still

(My Defender, Francesca Battistelli and Steffany Gretzinger)

All we have to do is allow God to fight for us, stand back, pray and praise.  He will defeat our enemies and troubles, just like He delivered the Israelites from the Egyptians.  


I made this page with a mixed media approach to give a sense of chaos and disorder.   This represents how we should let Christ defend us in the midst of that chaos.  I used Distress Oxide Inks in Kitsch Flamingo, Wild Honey, and Peacock Feathers.  I stamped images from the new Grunge Elements 3 stamp set and Typewriter Text Background.  I also stenciled with ink and white acrylic paint using the new Script stencil.  

 I stamped the title using Love Ya Like a Sis and Bold and Outline alpha sets.  I then added detailing a white gel pen.  I adhered my Bible text, which I had typed onto a clear sticker sheet.  I added some black and white splatters, and then topped the page with a couple of tabs and a bow.  


My prayer is that you can allow Jesus to be your great Defender in your most difficult of circumstances. 

--Julie 




No comments:

Post a Comment