Monday, April 19, 2021

Is your soul thirsty for the Lord?

 "O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands."
Psalm 63:1-3


Is your soul thirsty for the Lord? Do you want to be near to Him, to hear Him, to feel His presence in your life? So often when we drift from the Lord, we lose our thirst for Him. We begin thirsting for other things in life, things that can't bring us true satisfaction. 

I've been going through a dry period and I realized that I wasn't even thirsting for the Lord. I was just going through the motions without really earnestly seeking Him. He was no longer filling me because I was no longer thirsty for Him. I was filling myself up with other things. So I turned to the Lord in prayer:

Lord, make my heart thirst for you again. Create in me a clean heart and renew and right spirit in me. Help my heart long for you and fill me with your steadfast love.

It's that simple. If you find yourself in a dry place but thirsty for things that won't satisfy you, turn it over to the Lord. Let Him stir your heart to want Him more. Day by day, your thirst will grow until your are once again earnestly seeking Him and finding his thirst-quenching love.

Page Details

This was a simple page with stamps and watercolors. It was more about my time with the Lord and what He was doing in my heart than any fancy art techniques. And isn't that what Bible Journaling all about? 💙

 

How's your soul this week, friend? Is it thirsty for the Lord? If not, spend some time in prayer asking the Lord to stir your heart to thirst for Him and then let Him fill you up with His steadfast love. 

Much love in Christ, 

Janelle


No comments:

Post a Comment