Sunday, March 7, 2021

Engraved on His Palms

See, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands; 
your walls are ever before Me.
Isaiah 49:16 

Friends,
Today we are in Isaiah 49 where God is encouraging Israel by telling them He hasn't forgotten them. 
Verse 15 says, "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you." What a beautiful illustration- a mother and child. Mothers don't easily forget their children. Where it may still be possible for a human mother to forget her child, it is impossible for our Heavenly Father to forget. These verse were written to Israel. First and foremost, these verses apply to them. But, is it too much a leap of faith for believers, as adopted children, to find application for ourselves? I think not! Our God does not change. (Mal 3:6, Heb 13:8) And because He does not change, His love and attention to His children, whether a child through the bloodline of Jacob or an adopted child through Jesus Christ, would be the same. He knows us. He loves us. And He cannot forget us. Isn't that amazing? The Creator of the universe, the one true King, the Almighty God wants fellowship with us. And even in our sin, He encourages and pursues us. That's not about how great we are. We're wretched. It's all about how great HE is. Thank You, Lord. You never cease to amaze me. All power, and glory and honor to You.

Page details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Background Builders: Stripes and Itty Bitty Blossoms. I painted the background with acrylic paints, spritzing the page with water to help the paints blend. I then painted my hand and pressed it to the page. I stamped the flowers on sticker paper, colored them with alcohol markers, and applied them to the page.


Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment