Monday, November 16, 2020

Christmas Hymnal Journaling


How about a little Christmas hymnal journaling to kick off your week?! 😉 I put up my Christmas tree this weekend and have been listening to non-stop Christmas music. I'm usually a "not until after Thanksgiving" girl, but 2020 broke me.🤣

This page was fun, but super easy to put together. I used my VersaMagic Chalk Inks to blend the background, and then used the Jesus is Born Silhouettes, All Your Heart, and Teeny Alpha stamp sets to create the silhouette and title. I used a white gelly roll pen to add the white accents and shadowing. 

O Come, All Ye Faithful

O come, all ye faithful,
Joyful and triumphant,
O come ye, o come ye to Bethlehem,
Come and behold Him,
Born the King of Angels!

O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord.

Not all journaling needs to be in a Bible or art journal. I love hymnal art journaling! I do most of my journaling to music, and there is just something about capturing my thoughts and feelings in conjunction with the old, rich, beautiful hymns. Give it a try and tell me how you like it!

Lots of love, 

Janelle
@journalingjoy

Guess what? Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is turning 13 this month and having sales all month long! This week's featured sale is 20% off all Creative Worship and Background Stamps 👏 (It's a great time to stock up on those Alpha and Texture Tiles stamp sets - my personal faves 😉)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment