Sunday, October 11, 2020

For This Purpose

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you My power and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth. Exodus 9:16

Hi Friends!

Many people put their hope in government. That the government will make their lives better or fix the problems that we have in this world. But no human leader or government can give us what we're looking for. Only the one true King can. And in Him, my friends, is where we should place our hope.

I'm talking about governments today because in Exodus 9, we find Moses in the middle of his back and forth with Pharaoh, in the midst of plagues. And one of the things God said to Pharaoh through Moses really caught my attention. Verse 16 tells us 3 things:

  1. God put the man who was Pharaoh at that time in that position. Pharaoh may have thought he was Pharaoh because he was a god, but he was mistaken. The one and only God put him there. 
  2. God placed Pharaoh in that position of leadership so that He could show Pharaoh His power. God was revealing Himself to Pharaoh.
  3. God also placed Pharaoh in that position of leadership so that His name would be proclaimed in all the earth. God was glorified through what took place between Moses and Pharaoh and the freeing of the Israelites.
So what does that mean for us? It means that God reigns supreme. No matter what the political parties are doing, no matter who is president, no matter what countries are world powers, God is in control. He is the One who puts people in positions of leadership. And no matter what they do in that position, good or bad, He will use it to reveal Himself and for His glory.

We have an election coming up here in America. But I'm not putting my hope in any political party or candidate. My hope is in my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the one true King. And regardless of what happens in the election, He reigns. And that, my friends, is good news. May His name be glorified around the world!
Page Details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Welcome Home, Old Fashioned Alpha, Marker Alpha, and Bitty Minnie Alpha. For the background, I used acrylic paint. I spritzed my page with water first so that the paint would move on the page more easily and blend well. I stamped the ground, and then used a black marker to fill it in to the bottom of the page. To draw the word bubble, I used a Micron pen. The Welcome Home set is great to make silhouette images like I did on this page, but using colors with the set also makes really cute houses and scenes.
Praying that you place your hope in Him. Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment