Monday, August 31, 2020

Hard Things

"Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt." But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?" And He said, "Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain." Exodus 3:10-12

Hi Friends,
Life is hard. And we're asked to do hard things. If I'm completely honest, I don't at all like "hard." My default is to try to find the easy way out. But I don't think God wants our lives to be easy. Because it's in the "hard" that we depend on Him. Let's look at Moses in Exodus 3. God told him to go to Pharaoh and demand that the Israelites be freed. HARD THING! And Moses' response was, "Who am I?" I think what he meant was, "Why do You think I can do this? I'm not qualified to do this!" Moses was doing what many of us do- looking at a hard situation or task and seeing all our short comings.

Look at God's 2-part response:

  • Certainly I will be with you: It didn't matter who Moses was. What mattered is that God was with him. He could do this hard thing because God was with him. The same is true for us. It doesn't matter who we are or what qualifications we have because, frankly, God doesn't need them. He could do it all on His own easily. But He wants us to participate. He wants to grow us. He wants us to draw near to Him and depend, trust, and follow Him wherever that may go.
  • And this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain: God not only confirmed Moses' calling, He confirmed his success. God didn't say "if" you bring the people out, He said "when." Success was a forgone conclusion. When we are following God and within His will, success is a forgone conclusion. Now, that success may not be what we have in mind as success, but it's success nonetheless.
Friend, YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS! Not because of who you are, but because of who God is! If you are a believer, the Holy Spirit indwells you. That means God is with you ALL THE TIME and through HIM you can do the hard things of life. Hard times can be some of the most precious times if we allow ourselves to be led and molded by our Creator. Let's not run from hard things. Let's not try to find the easy way out. Let's trust Him and do the hard stuff.

Page details: I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Playful Alpha & Gear Up. Playful Alpha is brand new and part of the September release. I just love it! 
Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment