Monday, July 20, 2020

Into His Marvelous Light

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." 
- 1 Peter 2:9


I have a short blog post for you today! I am vacationing in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula with my family, but of course packed my "necessary" art supplies - watercolors, markers, and alpha stamps! ;-)

I've had this verse and page idea bouncing around in my head for a few weeks now and finally sat down to draw it out. 

This was a simple but fun page to create. I watched a YouTube video on how to draw a lantern (so easy a child could do it), then painted the lantern and background with watercolors. I then used three different alpha stamp sets for the page title, added some highlights with my white Uniball gel pen and that was it - done! 


Sometimes we just need the reminder that, as children of God, we have been called out of darkness and into His marvelous light. 💙

Love in Christ,
Janelle
**I'd love to connect with you on Instagram! You can find me @journalingjoy 😘







No comments:

Post a Comment