Thursday, July 18, 2019

What is your Mountain?


Mark 11:23
"Truly tell you, if anyone says to this mountain 
"Go, throw yourself into the sea", and does not doubt in their heart, 
but believes that what they say will happen, 
it will be done for them."

Hello friends! 
This will be a bit of a personal post for me, sharing a little bit about my history and one of my personal testimonies. 

Have you ever have a "mountain" in your life? An obstacle that seemed so large, so impossible, so daunting that you thought there was no way over or around it? I expect most of us have had at least a mountain or two in our lives. For me, mine was at the extremely young age of 7 months! Yea,... just 7 months old!

This is a part of my personal story that not everyone knows, only those closest to me. But I am going to share it with you readers to brag about just how good God is! When my mom had me, like a lot of mothers, she needed to go back to work after her maternity leave was up. A hard decision for a lot of moms I'm sure. To find someone you think is trustworthy to watch someone you love so much. Well when I was only 7 months old, while at the babysitters, I was severely injured. To this day, all these years later, we still don't know exactly what happened but I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance unconscience with a severe head injury.

After being assessed at the hospital they said I had several fractures to my skull and my brain was swelling. I don't know all of the details because it was such a traumatic thing for my parents but I have slowly learned more details here and there as I have gotten older. I was unconscience for 2 weeks in the hospital because of all of the swelling in my brain, and appeared to be paralyzed on half of my body. The doctors told my parents I had a 10% chance of survival most likely. I just could not imagine getting that news as a parent. To have to watch your child suffer that way and feel so helpless.



But the reason I share this story with you all today, is because it was God and God alone who saved me! My great grandmothers pastor at her church came to visit me in the hospital a few times. He prayed over me as my family stood around him. The third time he prayed over me, I woke up! The doctors were amazed. And what was even more amazing was that I wasn't paralyzed. I was awake, I could move, and in a few days I smiled. Praise the Lord for He is so good!!

That was my mountain, an incredibly big mountain for a 7 month old. But God makes all things possible. He moved that mountain out of my way and saved my life! My parents prayed and trusted in the Lord and He took care of me. I hear these stories my parents have told me about what happened and I am just amazed at God's amazing power. He saved my life and thank the Lord I am able to see, walk, talk and you would never know I went through such a traumatic experience. 

I still have the scares on my head (hidden under my hair luckily), to remind me of what I overcame with His help! Your mountain may not feel as huge as mine, or maybe it does. But do not lose hope, do not lose faith in Him! He is a good good father and He is there to do amazing things!!


xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon


Walk by Faith




No comments:

Post a Comment