Friday, July 26, 2019

Watch and Wait Scripture Card




Hiya, friends! Today I'm sharing a project that is all the rage in the Bible Journaling and crafting world, and I've recently jumped on the bandwagon too -- Scripture Cards (or Rolodex or MemoryDex Cards).  A scripture card like this can contain any combination of scripture, decorations, and sentiments.  

I decided to make a card for this project with the verse Micah 7:7:

"But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
    I wait for God my Savior;

    my God will hear me."

In this passage, the prophet Micah is talking about all the terrible things going on in the world, and how all those around him are untrustworthy.  However, Micah watches, waits, and hopes in the Lord, knowing that God will hear and deliver him.

What a powerful reminder of faithfulness and trust!  As I was studying this passage a few mornings ago, I definitely knew that it was a verse I wanted to commit to memory, and refer to frequently.  That's why I chose to make a scripture card with this particular verse.  

To create this card, I used a Project Life grid card as the base, and then sponged Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans, and Dusty Concord Distress Oxides in three layers.  I carefully blended the colors with my blending tool and sponges, and then spritzed it with water for a spotty look.  



Next, I stamped my words on the card with the Set Apart set and the Skinny Minnie Alpha set.  I stamped "watch" onto white cardstock in the three distress oxide colors with the Typewriter Block Alpha, and then cut them out to make my own alpha tiles.  Then, I also stamped the arrow, heart, and star on the cardstock, colored them, and cut them out.  I stamped some background images with stamps from the Set Apart set, such as clouds, doodle and art marks.  I added a tab at the top, adhered my elements, and then tied a slip knot bow at the bottom with some grosgrain ribbon.



I love how this little card turned out, and I especially love how it can visually remind me to just watch and wait on the Lord!

The links (some are affiliate -- thanks!) to the products are above and below.  Thanks for coming to visit today.  Leave a message below if you have any questions or comments.  

Set Apart

Typewriter Blocks Alpha 
Skinny Minnie Alpha







No comments:

Post a Comment