Saturday, June 15, 2019

Wildly loved


Hello all! It's summer here in Iowa and as you read this I am returning from a week long vacation. Summer time can be really hard on my creative mojo...so I picked up my acrylic paints and tried a few techniques I tend to forget about. It was such a fun breath of fresh air, to be spontaneous, and different. I hope you enjoy...

This page started with the acrylic paints. I used a credit/ gift card to squish the paint on around the page in broad strokes. Then while my paint was drying I stamped the hymn word art stamp in three colors on to plain white cardstock. I really wanted the wording to pop so I mounted it on pink cardstock that I actually repurposed from my mothers day card. Side note...I am so guilty of cutting up cards I get and using them in my Bible or other crafty adventures....they are sooo pretty I hate throwing them away. Ok after I mounted the stamped image I used puffy foam tape to pop it up even ever so slightly more. The big bold title I found in my stash from a print and pray printed on clear sticker paper. Finally comes my favorite part all the little fun details....the puffy hearts, washi tape, tabs, wordfetti and art marks created using my markers.


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
Romans 8:37-39

I have so enjoyed looking up all the hymns in this stamp set and really digging into the words, meaning and scripture behind the words! This song is no exception. The lyrics made me really pause and think about how much my Father God truly loves me. He loves me so much that nothing...absolutely nothing on heaven or on earth can keep me from his wild love. Wow! I know I have read that passage of scripture tons of times but do I really sit and dwell on the magnitude of those words? Summer can be a crazy time for many of us, but if you can steal away a few precious moments read, reread and read again....let the words soak in and penetrate your heart. Let God illuminate truths and fill you with joy! I want to leave you with a few lyrics from this hymn...you can go listen to it Here if you like.




Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus vast, unmeasured, boundless, free! 
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me! 
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of thy love 
Leading onward, leading homeward to thy glorious rest above! 


Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus spread His praise from shore to shore! 
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore! 
How He watches o'er His loved ones, died to call them all His own; 
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o'er them from the throne! 


O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best! 
'Tis an ocean vast of blessing, 'tis a haven sweet of rest! 
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, 'tis a heaven of heavens to me; 
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee! 


Love and prayers,
Jenn @creativegurl85





No comments:

Post a Comment