Monday, June 10, 2019

Delighting in Jesus, Y'all!

Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in His salvation. 
My whole being will exclaim, "Who is like You, Lord?" 
Psalm 35:9-10a

Hello Friends!

I was born and raised in Texas. And let me tell you, the summers in Texas are HOT! Nothing tastes better to me than a cold glass of sweet tea. Yum! Have you had southern sweet tea? If you haven't, let's just say, we like our sugar. Southern sweet tea is big on sugar- the more, the better! LOL Well, in my life- and I bet yours too- the more Jesus, the better!

These verses speak to rejoicing and delighting in Him. I looked up the definition for delight: to take great pleasure, to give joy or satisfaction. Don't those definitions sum up nicely what we have in Christ? We can take pleasure in Him. He brings us joy and satisfaction like nothing else. Just like sugar sweetens tea, Jesus sweetens our lives. Verse 10 asks who is like the Lord. Resoundingly, the answer is NO ONE! No one can compare to Him. When I feel like I'm missing something, I can't find  lasting satisfaction in any worldly thing. But I can find that lasting satisfaction in Him. He's just waiting for me to come to Him and ask. He's waiting for you too. And, He'll never turn us away.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, that You want to be part of my life. Thank You for the joy You bring me and for the satisfaction I can only find in You. There is no one like You, Lord. I praise You always. In Your sweet name, Jesus, amen.

I had a lot of fun with this page. I absolutely LOVE the new Life & Lemons set designed by Rebecca Rios. It was part of the June release and is SO much fun to use! I also used two other favorite Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: All in All and Texture Tiles 4.

I started out by using the plaid stamp to stamp my tablecloth. Then I stamped my tea glass. I used watercolor crayons to paint the tea and background. I always paint the background first and then stamp the lettering on top of the watercolor for a couple of reasons: 1) that way the lettering pops since it isn't dulled by a thin layer of watercolor, 2) it helps the black ink not bleed through or shadow. For the lettering, I also masked a couple of stamps- the "sugar" and "sweet tea" stamps. To mask, I just use left over label paper that's sticky on one side. I cover the words that I don't want inked with the label paper, ink the stamp, then remove the label paper and stamp. It helps make your stamps a lot more versatile! I finished the page by highlighting the letters in "Jesus" with a white pen. And finally, I stamped the lemon on label paper, cut it out and added it to the glass.

Delight in Him, my friends. And enjoy some sweet tea too!

Have a blessed week! Andrea











No comments:

Post a Comment