Monday, April 17, 2017

My Soul's Satisfied

This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know Me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24
Dear Friends, please celebrate with me that our Lord and Savior is risen! I hope you had a joyful Easter resting in Him. For this page I journaled lyrics from Be Thou My Vision by Ascend The Hill. It's based on the hymn. (The lyrics are posted at the bottom of this post.)
The hymn was based on Jeremiah 9:23-24. And because of Jesus, we can know God! We can be in relationship with Him. He can be our everything and our delight! When I think of things that are physically satisfying, I think of cold lemonade on a hot summer day. Jesus is much better than cold lemonade! 😉 Jesus completes us. He satisfies our souls in a way nothing else can. He is the Living Water. Drink Him in!!
For the page, I used the following Sweet n Sassy Stamps sets: Worthy King, Sing Loud, Fill Me Up, Skinny Lowercase Alpha, Rebecca Script Alpha, Chunky Alpha.
For the lemonade glass, I masked off the top of the coffee cup and drew in the straw, ice cubes and lemon. And don't you love all those alphas??!! Alpha stamps are a great option to hand lettering! They are easy to use and many of them look like hand lettering. I love them! I highlighted the letters with a Sharpie White Extra Fine Paint Pen. I colored the page with watercolor crayons. And finished it off with some washi tape.

Be satisfied in our Lord. He loves you!
Blessings, Andrea 

Be Thou My Vision By Ascend The Hill
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, put first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

Oh, God, be my everything, be my delight
Be, Jesus, my glory My soul's satisfied
Oh, God, be my everything, be my delight
Be, Jesus, my glory My soul's satisfied

My Jesus, you satisfy
My Jesus, you satisfy

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven's joys, bright Heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Oh, God, be my everything, be my delight

Be, Jesus, my glory My soul's satisfied

















No comments:

Post a Comment