Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Genesis 37


{jane bosi}  Happy Wednesday, Sweet Friends!  Today I am sharing a layout I completed recently, working in Genesis 37.

This is has been a true work of heart!  My kiddos just concluded the Central Wisconsin Children's Theater production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat--it was an amazing production, I'm so proud of them.  As part of our post production depression (it happens with every show), we've been singing the songs and looking at pictures.  I also chose to journal:
I went to each show--I almost feel like I was part of it!  It was my littlest ones first show and I was very curious to see how she would hold up--like a champ.  Mid way through the three day run, I decided I wanted to journal the story.  Partly because the music is so wonderful, partly to honor my kids, but mostly because it's such an amazing story of perseverance and the power of trusting in God. 
The story of Joseph tells the tale of his humiliation and struggle, as well as his exultation and blessing.  I can certainly relate in the sense that I've endured valleys and enjoyed mountains, myself.  The piece of the story that really strikes me, however, is Joseph's faithfulness to the author of his dreams.  The Word tells us we will be given the desires of our hearts.  First, however, I believe God authors those dreams for His purpose.  Sometimes, we are willing to follow His dream for us, sometimes, it takes us awhile....(I know this to be true for me!)

Joseph trusted God.  What his brothers intended as evil, God used for good; and Joseph trusted.  We could all learn from Joe ;)

To create my layout,I used a variety of stamp sets from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps' Creative Worship line.  Specifically, I used Outline Alphabet to spell out "Go, Go, Go, Joseph" and "dreams".  I started with white cardstock that I applied various distress inks, in a rainbow pattern, directly to the paper. I trimmed each letter with scissors and an exact-o blade.

I created my "bookmark" using the Awesome Thoughts stamp set.  I love the style of this set and used it quite a bit in the entire layout. 

Joseph is from a coloring page I found online.  I simply traced the image and then colored it using various distress inks and an aqua brush.

Other stamp sets used:  Choose Faith, Classy Script Alphabet, His Book, Seek Him and Note This.

That's all--Be Awesome, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment