Wednesday, March 16, 2016

He Will Cover You with His Feathers by Audrey

Hello there, Audrey here!  Today I have a bible page to share with you using the Creative Worship: His Wings stamp set!  I chose to journal Psalm 91:4.  The His Wings stamp set have all of the words in that Psalm for you to include the entire verse on your page.  I started off my lining up my word stamps as I wanted them on my page, and then picked up each line, one by one on my acrylic block, and stamping the verse a line at a time.  I was sure to use waterproof ink because I planned to watercolor over top of them and I didn't want the ink to bleed.  If you don't have waterproof ink, you could always watercolor first, and then stamp after it's dried.  After I watercolored, I stamped the feather images included in the stamp set randomly around the page.  I use ink colors slightly darker than the watercolor beneath them.  Then, I stamped the more detailed outline feathers and the bird in flight in black ink.  Everything was looking a little flat for me, so I added some accents with a white gel pen.  I added polkadots to the feathers, and outlined the colored feathers and the bigger words in the verse in white gel pen.  Suddenly, everything started popping off of the page!  It's amazing how one little addition can change the look of the entire page!

Sweet n Sassy - Creative Worship

That's it for me today!  Thanks so  much for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the bright colors and black contrasts. You do an amazing job with watercolor effects, which I LOVE, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, Audrey! Love the colors and how they pop when outlined in white! How comforting to know that we can find rest in the shelter of His wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS work! What brand of waterproof ink do you use? I'd like to buy some. Also, what do you mean when you say "acrylic block?" could you please clarify. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete