Monday, November 1, 2021

Pray Without Ceasing

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


I have a little bit of a different blog post for you today! Today I am sharing an entry in my art journal. ðŸ˜Š I use my art journal as my prayer journal. If you've followed me on Instagram, you know I like to write my prayers in my art journal and cover them up. It's a way of me expressing my prayers to the Lord in a way that is personal and private. He knows my prayers, but no one else can read them. (Take a look back through some of my IG posts and you'll see what I mean 😉)


I've had a lot on my mind these past weeks, so this particular prayer entry covered the entire two pages, and I ended up painting over both pages with a mixture of grey and black acrylic ink. It wasn't the look I was going for originally, but it turned out ok. I then added some mixed media elements to the page. 


Design Details

I used a few different stamps sets, acrylic paint, ripped up paper bag, Nuvo crystal drops, and metallic gold flakes to complete this prayer journal entry. I was definitely going for a more mixed media/messy look and think it turned out well! I've been in a huge creative funk lately, so getting a few new art supplies (metallic gold flakes and Nuvo crystal drops) and just getting messy with paint and stamps was very therapeutic for my soul.

Now for the good news! Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is celebrating their 14th birthday the entire month of November with sales the whole month! This week's salebration is 20% off all birthday and sentiments stamps sets! The Prayer Time set shown below falls in this category and is perfect for prayer journal entries such as this. 😉
 
     

How about you? Do you like to write out your prayers? If so, do you cover them up or leave them to read later? 

I'd love to connect with you to hear about your creative style! You can find me on Instagram through the link below. 

Much love in Christ, 

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment