Monday, February 1, 2021

Encouragement Cards

 

Today's project is a little different than my usual journaling projects, but every bit as fun and encouraging (see what I did there 😉). Today's project is encouragement cards using watercolor paper, watercolors, and stamps. 

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." - Philippians 4:4


Encouragement cards are easy to make and nice to have on hand to brighten someone's day. I simply write a short note or Bible verse on the back and add to a card, or hand out directly to someone who has been on my mind.

I used 9"x12" watercolor paper, which cuts up nicely into six 4.5"x3 cards. First, I created a watercolor background using a couple layers of watercolor paint and some paint splatters. Once the paint was dry, I cut the paper down into six identical size cards, and got out my stamps. I knew I wanted to use the new Faith Phrases stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps for these cards along with the new Texture Tiles 10 stamp set, but wasn't sure how I was going to use them until I made the cards. I then decided to use lighter colors to stamp the Texture Tiles in the background to add just a bit more dimension to the cards. Plus, rainbows, stars, and clouds are perfect for a fun, uplifting background 😉 I used black Versafine ink to stamp the Faith Phrases and extra design elements, then rounded the corners of the cards to give them a more finished look. 


I plan to give these cards out to some of the teenage girls in my son's school. Who do you know who could use a little extra encouragement this week? Take 20 minutes, enjoy a bit of creative time, and whip up a few encouragement cards to bless someone this week. 😊

Stamp Sets Used


 

  


Have a blessed week!

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment