Monday, September 7, 2020

Teach Them

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6 NKJV


I thought I'd do a "back to school" type entry and post, in honor of the new school year starting in many areas.  I'm fortunate that both of my boys have graduated and I'm not having to deal with the new stresses of schooling during a pandemic.  I know many of you mommas and daddies out there are having to and I'm praying for you guys!  I know it's rough, not knowing whether they should go to school or just do virtual learning or some combination of the two.  You guys are having to learn how to balance your regular routines and learn how to navigate your new role as teacher, tech support, guidance counselor, principal, and lunch lady combined!  Shew!!!  I'm tired just thinking about it.

But here's the thing....YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!  God has equipped you to be a parent and you have been teaching your children for years.  Some of the most important things they will ever learn, comes from what they see, hear and feel inside their home.  


God has given us a unique opportunity to bring Him back in to the classroom, because the classrooms are in our homes!  I pray, He blesses you and your family during this time of virtual learning.  I pray, our children will learn more about what the Bible says about them, as children of God, and how the Bible calls us to treat each other.


Page details:


I thought it would be fun to make a chalkboard for a "back to school" vibe.  I used black acrylic paint to create the main part of my chalkboard.  I framed it with brown acrylic and stamped some woodgrain detail with Texture Tiles 2.  I drew some "writing lines" on my page with a white colored pencil.  I used the new Playful Alpha and School Days Alpha to stamp out my title using Versamark ink and embossed it with opaque white powder to complete the chalkboard look.  I also stamped one of the churches from the My Father's House using the same technique and lightly colored it in.  I finished the page by writing out a prayer with a white gel pen.  

I hope you are encouraged, knowing God has and will continue to equip you to handle this situation. I am praying for all the parents, teachers and administrators, as you all navigate the school year.  

Until next time, catch up with me on Instagram and Facebook @simplyjillsjourney.

Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment