Friday, December 15, 2017

Master of the Sea


Good morning, crafty friends! I'm so excited to be sharing on the Creative Worship blog today. Although I've been on the Sweet 'n Sassy design team for a number of years, this is the first time I'm posting for the Creative Worship team. 

Bible journaling is a relatively new experience for me, as I recently gifted an art journaling Bible, which lays out the pages with wide margins that are perfect for adding images, quotes, and notes. I have found that Bible journaling is helpful for focusing on a particular Scripture text or doctrine as your mind can't help but ponder the words you're that inspired your art.

Today's passage focusing on Jesus' power over nature and the text of how He immediately calmed the storm. While we can see literally see how God brings about and calms storms, and all of our weather, figuratively He can also calm the trials (storms) that come into our lives. Jesus' miraculous works while physically on the earth, was to demonstrate that while He was fully human, He was also fully God and the creator of man and the elements. These simple, but powerful truths should comfort us as we face various trials. Not only is He fully in control of all that happens, but He is also the one who will be comfort in the midst of the trial, and the one who will bring it to an end. Amen and amen!

My layout started with a wash of color from Pan Pastels. Pan Pastels is one of my favorite mediums for adding color to Bible pages; the color applies easily, goes on smoothly, is transparent, and doesn't bleed through the pages. When using Pan Pastels, you will need to set the chalk when you're finished applying the color. I just use a light mist of hair spray. LOL!

I used a die cut circle to mask a sun and added stamping using coordinating die ink colors.  The boats and anchor were stamped on a piece of cardstock, colored, and attached with glue to my pages. When added die or hand cut images to Bible pages, it's best to use a lighter cardstock and anything heavy weight will add bulk to the thin pages. My text was added using a variety of alphabet sets and words from other Bible journaling sets (see supply list below). I love mixing fonts! Below are a few more close up photos of my spread. Happy crafting!








1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous artwork, Kim. Such a powerful passage of scripture and you've illustrated this in a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete