Friday, January 13, 2017

The Root....

{jane bosi}

I'm sharing my first journaling project of 2017!  I'm not much for resolutions and stuff like that.  I try to take life day to day and am always trying to be my best self!

I did, however, spend the first weekend of the new year, like I spend many, creating and reflecting on the Word.  This is also my first free hand drawing....it was scary-ish, but I had some awesome alphabet sets from Sweet 'N Sassy to pull it all together.  All of Me Alpha, Shake It Off Caps, Shake It Off  Lowercase.

My study started with Romans 12 and the advice to not conform to this world but to be transformed.....sage and wonderful advice!  You can see from my under lines, I find this message noteworthy and to be remembered.  As it happens often, my study turned to a wandering through the word backwards from where I was (kind of like how my life works) and I found a true gem without meaning to look for it.  I love how His Word so richly meets us where we are and provides insight and inspiration we aren't even aware we need!

Romans 11:18-20:  "...remember it is not you who supports the root, but the root that supports you.  Then you will say, "Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in."  This is true.  They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith.  So do not become proud, but fear."

All those times I try to fix or figure things for myself--I need to be reminded that it is not me, but the Root that supports me.....such a hard lesson at times, but a good place to dwell, especially at the start of a new year.

 Enjoy--Jane

I got crafty with:




No comments:

Post a Comment