Saturday, September 24, 2016

For the Glory of God

Sweet Friends, in 1 Peter, chapters 1 and 2, Peter tells us that we, as believers, are called to be holy.

"As obedient children, do not be conformed..." 
1 Peter 1:14
"You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood..." 
1 Peter 2:5
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9

What does that mean? God wants us to be different. He wants us to be different for His glory. He wants us to be different so other can look at us and see His Light shining through us. Is it easy to be different? Not for me! I want to fit in. I certainly don't want to stand out. So these verses were a good reminder for me that I am called to be different. And what I may not be able to do in my strength, I can do in His! So I had fun illustrating "being different" with the Fill Me Up set.
I used the coffee cup image as you can see. I personally don't like coffee, but I love sweet tea! And, I had fun turning the coffee cup into a glass of tea. I inked up the stamp, and then took the ink off of the coffee lid so that just the bottom part would stamp. I drew in the straw, ice cubes, lemon and tea line. Isn't it great when you can get more versatility out of your stamps? 
I also used the Seek Him and the His Name sets to make "her trust is in the Lord" stand out. Because that's what it's all about- trusting Him!

Friends, I hope you have a blessed day. I think I'll go and enjoy some tea now! Andrea


2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea, Andrea! Love the "different" coffee cup and the wonderful encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete