Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Share the Good News ♥

Hello Friends! As we prepare for Thanksgiving I wanted to share a page with you that I created from my sermon notes from this past weekend. Our passage was 1 Thessalonians 5:12-18

Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

And our pastor asked us, are we living a life that we are identified as sharing our faith, sharing our joy, sharing our hope we have in Christ? That's what sets us apart from others, and God will send people your way specifically for the reason of you being able to share the good news with them. So friends what are we focused on today? Are we focused on the one negative thing that happened today, because the devil is trying to throw us off? Or are we rejoicing with thanksgiving in our hearts the hope we have in our Lord Jesus Christ?

For this page I journaled Psalm 96:1-4
Oh sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth!
 Sing to the Lord, bless his name;
tell of his salvation from day to day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples!
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
he is to be feared above all gods. 
I decided to keep this page super simple I used 3 colors of pigmented inks I had from past Illustrated faith kits. and I used coordinating Faber-Castell big brush pens to highlight the verses. I used the Choose Faith stamp set for the entire page. I stamped everything in black archival ink first. Then went back and stamped with colored ink to fill in "Faith" "Hope" and "Joy" 
I then added some Illustrated Faith Washi with some cute little acorns on it, wordfetti, and a super cute page marker and I was done! My goal has been lately to keep my pages under 30 minutes, which sometimes can be a huge challenge to me, but this was proof that you can throw a simple page together in under 30 minutes! 
Hope y'all enjoyed my page and have an amazing holiday! Let us remember as we go out this season to live with Thanksgiving in our hearts!
For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship and Sweet N Sassy @sweetnsassystamps 
Make sure to hashtag us #sweetnsassystamps on FB and IG so we can see how you 've been inspired & inspire us! 

Until next time! God Bless!♥Maria







1 comment:

  1. Both sweet and stunning in it's beautiful simplicity. Love it!

    ReplyDelete