Saturday, October 14, 2017

Under His Wings ♥

Hey friends! I'm sharing a super simple page I created using one of my favorite Creative Worship Sets from Sweet N Sassy, His Wings
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings
Psalm 17:8

Really all of psalm 17 is just a beautiful prayer from David calling out to God to help protect him from His enemies. He was calling out God letting Him know he was putting his situation on God's hands and surrendering it to him. It was a desperate cry out to Him for protection from His enemies. I find comfort in the imagery of God just taking us and sheltering us under his wing like a mama bird taking care of and protecting her babies.
I took a few step by step pics. I did not prep my page this time, but using some Liquitex silver paint and a dry paintbrush i applied the paint in light layers to achieve an almost distressed look with the silver paint for my background. 
I then used three different Illustrated Faith inks from their past kits in colors I liked to stamp the feathers onto the silver background. If you don't have these, have no fear, I'm sure any pigmented ink that you have will work. I let it dry for a while before I moved on when I was one with the feathers.
 To speed up the process a bit you can hit it with a heat tool or dryer to make sure they are no longer wet because pigment ink does take a while to dry. 
 
After that I stamped "in the shadow of his wings"  and the date with black Ranger Archival Ink.
 I then outlined some if the feathers with a white Uni-ball Signo pen, to make them pop a bit. And to add some finishing touches picked a cute little bow tabbie and some colorful cross washi! 
I think this is one of my favorite verses, and even though it was super simple to create it's one of my favorite pages ♥ 
 So that's it for today! Hope y'all enjoyed my page, for more inspiration you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship and Sweet N Sassy @sweetnsassystamps 
Make sure to hashtag us #sweetnsassystamps on FB and IG so we can see how you 've been inspired & inspire us! 
Until next time! God Bless!Maria
Stamps Used:

1 comment: