Saturday, October 7, 2017

Seek Peace...

Hi friends,

We hear a lot about the need for peace in our world, and looking around at world events it's clear that we are in desperate need of God's peace, both between human beings, and between humanity and God. 1 Peter 3:11 says that we are to seek peace and pursue it, and when I was reflecting on this verse it struck me that many of us seek peace (hey, most people will say they want more peace in the world!) but how many of us are pursuing it? Pursue is an active, intentional word, showing purpose and dedication. I was challenged as I contemplated this verse about whether I am actively pursuing peace, or stopping at the seeking of it...


Although we might not be able to bring about world peace, we have the ability to pursue peace in our personal relationships and the environments we find ourselves in. May God give us the wisdom and courage to pursue peace wherever we can!


For this page I wanted to cover up some writing that was already on this page so I covered the margin with washi tape then scraped paint over the top. I stamped over that background with images from the beautiful Christmas Botanicals set and painted them with acrylics. The verse is a combination of the new Peace on Earth set with Seek Him, along with some alpha stickers.


Here are the stamp sets I used for this page:

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/christmas-botanicals-clear-stamp-set/http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/peace-on-earth-clear-stamp-set/

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-seek-him-clear-stamp-set/

May the peace of God that surpasses all understanding guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

x Amy x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! So true, we often ask for peace but how do we seek for it?

    ReplyDelete