Saturday, October 21, 2017

By Grace, Through Faith

Hi friends,

I was recently reminded of the importance of really grasping the truth of Ephesians 2:8-9:
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
 
It is all too easy to slip into a 'works-based' mentality when it comes to living the Christian life, thinking that we have to do something to win God's approval. But this verse reminds us again that we were saved by grace and therefore we need to carry on living by grace, through faith in Christ's finished work. I had already journaled this verse in my first journaling bible (a pic of that page is toward the end of this post) but I felt I needed to journal this truth again, so I pulled out my Interleaved Bible and some scraps of patterned paper and got inky!


I took a few pics along the way to show my process. Here was my starting point - paper and stamps:


I created a background using acrylic paints, swiping the paint on with a card, then stamped the two block words with Versamagic ink.


I stamped the outline words from Choose Faith onto patterned paper then cut them out and layered them over the block letters shown above to create a shadow effect. I made the word 'gift' out of two of the words from this stamp set (I wonder how many other words we could make from those four words!). I used a combination of alphabet stickers and stamps along with the Words of Life set and my label maker to create the rest of the verse.


I turned the 'gift' into a gift by stamping the gorgeous bow from Christmas Topiaries on the top (love this effect!). Here are some of my other supplies used:


Here are the stamp sets I used on this one: Word of Life Collection 2, Christmas Topiaries, Choose Faith, Mini Grunge Type Alpha.

And just in case you were wondering, here's my page May 2015 when I journaled this verse for the first time...


Quite a difference in style and techniques but I used the same colour scheme as a link between the two pages. I'm so grateful for the blessing of Bible Journaling and how it has helped me to meditate on Scripture over the last couple of years!

Be blessed...

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment