Saturday, August 5, 2017

Sweet Wall Words

Hiya!

For today's post I wanted to make something a little different using the Sweet as Honey stamp set, as I loved the three verses included in the set, but had already journaled those pages in my Bible. I decided to make some wall art to use as a gift or as a reminder to myself...


There is so much in God's Word about words - both His words and ours. It is so important that we meditate on the truths and richness of His Word daily so that what comes out of our mouths will be sweet and edifying to those who are hearing.



I rummaged through my craft stash and found a Kaisercraft kit with these wooden plaques and thought they would be perfect for this project. I covered each with some patterned paper using matte gel medium, trimmed and sanded around the edges.


I stamped the bee from Sweet as Honey on white card and vellum, then coloured the body of the white stamped image, cut out just the body and layered over the top of the vellum bees then added some Wink of Stella glimmer on the wings.


The scriptures were stamped with black ink either onto the patterned paper (like above) or onto white card and die-cut. I also stamped the honeycomb stamp from this fabulous stamp set with Versafine ink. Some paper and resin flowers were the perfect finishing touches!


I want to encourage you today to see God's Word as sweet, true and life-giving. Allow His words to become your words as you edify those around you and leave a sweet taste everywhere you go!

Here is the stamp set that I used to create this project:
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/sweet-as-honey-clear-stamp-set/


x Amy x

1 comment:

  1. Amy, this is incredible! I absolutely LOVE it. What an amazing project...just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete