Saturday, July 1, 2017

Sweet As Can Bee


Psalm 119:103 (NLT)
How sweet your words taste to me;
they are sweeter than honey.

I wanted to do some research to find out what exactly this passage meant. When I think of someone writing how sweet the gospel is I can think of my own experiences when I read a passage or passages, or even a devotion that is just what I needed to hear at that exact moment. It literally refreshes the soul, almost like quenching a thirst. I found the Matthew Henry Concise Commentary that I believed summarized it best as he writes:  "The written word is a more sure guide to heaven, than all the fathers, the teachers, and ancients of the church. We cannot, with any comfort or boldness, attend God in holy duties, while under guilt, or in any by-way. It was Divine grace in his heart, that enabled the psalmist to receive these instructions. The soul has its tastes as well as the body. Our relish for the word of God will be greatest, when that for the world and the flesh is least." 


So I created this page using a stamp set from the upcoming Sweet N Sassy July Release. Stay tuned because it's set for July 7th, and you can scoop yourself up some really awesome sets, including this really versatile set that I used. The bees are just gorgeous and the set would be great for journaling or card making! 


I created this page by first prepping with Dina Wakley clear gesso. Once that dried I played around with the layout with the stamps. Once I was satisfied I marked my verse & then stamped with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. (Sorry my process pic was taken on my phone with poor lighting)


Once I was sure my ink was dry I began to watercolor with Prima Tropicals & Pastels. I finished off by highlighting my verse in yellow & adding some paint splatters. I also found some washi I felt went well and added a bow tab at the top to mark my page!


 So that's it for today! Hope y'all enjoyed my page, the sneak peek, and are looking forward to the upcoming release ♥

Make sure to hashtag us #sweetnsassystamps on FB and IG so we can see how you 've been inspired & inspire us! 
Be sure to check out the Creative Worship facebook group as well! 
Until next time!
xo
Maria



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this...love how the honey is dripping. So rich and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete