Monday, April 3, 2017

Thirst No More

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:1-2a

Dear Friends,
Physically, without water, we cannot survive. Just as our physical bodies call out for water when we thirst, our souls call out for the Living Water of Jesus to survive- to have eternal life! Remember what Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4, "Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” And John 6:35 tells us, "Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to Me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty."

Only through Jesus can we truly be satisfied. We strive and strive for satisfaction through food, drink, money, jobs, material goods, etc. But really our souls long for Jesus. He fills us in a way that nothing else can.
For the page, I used the following SNSS stamps: Chunky AlphaLiving WaterAs the Deer, and Worthy King. For the background, I used watercolor crayons. And I highlighted "Jesus" and the water drops with a Sharpie White Paint Pen. I also used some alphabet stickers to finish off the page.

My prayer for you, for me, is taken from the song Be Thou My Vision by Ascend The Hill:
Oh, God, be my everything,
Be my delight.
Be, Jesus, my glory,
My soul's satisfied.

Have a sweet day, friends. Andrea

















No comments:

Post a Comment