Monday, February 13, 2017

Jesus saved the world!

It's almost Valentines day. I don't have a Valentine so nothing special planned for me. But... I read a compilation of different bible verses called 'Fathers love letter' recently and these messages were so beautiful that I had to work with them in my bible. This one stood out to me because Jesus saved the entire world and it didn't just stop there. He turned us from enemies into friends. Talking about love... amazing love!

This message is in 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 (I'm using the Good News translation here, for a non-native speaker this part was way more clear than the ones that talk about reconciliation. A word that's not used a lot in the Netherlands 😉).

'All this is done by God, who through Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the task of making others his friends also. Our message is that God was making all human beings his friends through Christ. God did not keep an account of their sins, and he has given us the message which tells how he makes them his friends.' 

I used ink and colored pencils to add some color to this page. And of course the beautiful 'My Savior' stamp set for the images! (except for the hearts and border around the message, these are just hand drawn).

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-my-savior-clear-stamp-set/

- Lucinde

No comments:

Post a Comment