Saturday, October 1, 2016

God is Working

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5-6



Hello Sweet 'n Sassy Friends!

If you asked my family, I don't think they would say patience is one of my strengths! It's hard for me to wait. But, time and time again, God's Word tells us to "wait for the Lord". And, I bet we can all think of stories in the Bible where men and women have had to wait, sometimes for a very long time... Abraham and Sarah, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Zechariah and Elizabeth...just to name a few. Why should we wait and trust God's timing? Because He is faithful. Because He is good. Because He is Right. Because He will work all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). God has a purpose and a plan that is bigger than me and you, but He loves each of us personally and completely. And that's why I choose to trust in Him and His timing even though it's hard. I love the imagery of verse 6. Waiting for the Lord is like waiting for the sun to rise! We know that it will happen; and we know that it will spread light and warmth.

For the page, I used 2 Sweet 'n Sassy sets that I absolutely love! Truth Quotes 1 has 6 quotes that are great for Bible journaling. They fit perfectly in the margin! And all of them can be used to illustrate many different verses. Here are some examples of a couple of other pages I've done using this set.




The other set I use for the Psalm 130 page is Scribble Flowers. I stamped the quote and the flowers with pigment ink, then used embossing powder and a heat gun to emboss. So, yes, you can emboss in your Bible if you've never tried that before!

If you are in a time of waiting, I pray that you can trust and rest in Him. He loves you! Andrea

1 comment:

  1. All of your pages using this set are just beautiful, Andrea! I agree…waiting is hard, but God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete