Friday, March 25, 2016

The creating of Note This

Rebecca here & I'm thrilled to be blogging in honor of my stamp set, Note This, being included in this month's Bible journaling kit. I thought I'd give you a look into my creative process in the designing of this set. I really wanted stamps that people could not only use while doing creative worship, but that would also be practical for Bible study and note taking.
 

I considered different responses I might have as I studied Scripture and those responses made their way (via handlettering!) in Note This. I wanted believers to be able to "Say Yes to" various truths or to stamp "God is..." when you discovered a new facet of His character. Other responses that came to mind were "remember", "Mark these words" and "right where He wants me".
 

There's even a mini lightbulb for documenting those AHA! moments while you're reading. These handlettered thoughts make great accents to artistic faith projects as well. I looooove stamping Amen at the end of journaled page (it's like my way of saying this page is done)!
 

I included a Note to Self design (perfect for sermon notes!) and even though it may seem simple, But God is there for all those times you want to highlight that He is the hero of every story. (I kind of just want to stamp this on every page!)
 

There's soooo many different ways to combine all these elements that I can't even list them all. Arrows and my signature ampersand round out the embellishments. Note This is perfect for your prayer journal, sermon notes, deep thoughts, and even to pretty up your planner! Happy Friday y'all & be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart and your art, Rebecca! Love this new addition to the Creative Worship line!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages - LOVE your lettering - and sharing your thoughts about how you use your stamps! Love this month's kit too!

    ReplyDelete